Archive for October, 2005

Bun B Speaks On Jay-Z?s ?War???

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

?What is Jay-Z going to do tonight????

The question appears to be the primary query on the minds of Hip-Hop fans as the Def Jam President and his ?Carter Administration??? will perform at the Continental Airlines Arena tonight (Oct. 27).

Last month, the rapper/mogul told Power 105?s Ed Lover, ?I gotta put [my adversaries] in the choke hold, the Boston crab. I gotta smash a couple of people. … Everybody better make up and be my friend.”

Still, the self-proclaimed ?god MC??? didn?t state whom he intended to annihilate under the show theme, ?I Declare War.???

Bun B. appeared on Jay-Z?s ?Big Pimpin???? and his own ?Get Throwed,??? from the Houston veteran?s album Trill. Bun said he?ll be at the venue with the stars, but won?t be fully involved, because of the nature of the show.

?I was planning on rocking with [Jay-Z], but I understand that there may be some circumstances of what he may do on stage. He may not want me to be included in what he?s got going on,??? Bun told AllHipHop.com. ?He?s about to go to war and I have a pretty good sense of the people he is going to call out. [They] are pretty good friends of mine.???

With a grin, Bun refused to divulge what may occur or who may be targeted at the 105.1 Powerhouse concert, but suggested that the rumors have some basis.

?I ain?t heard nothing,??? he said chuckling. ?I ain?t heard nothing more than what illseed is saying,??? Bun said of AllHipHop.com?s rumor columnist. ?That?s where I get all my info.???

Insiders have speculated that Jay-Z will ?declare war??? on 50 Cent and G-Unit and convene a whole group of artists that support the notion.

Hood hearsay has also suggested that this group will consist of rappers like Nas, Fat Joe, The Lox and others including Sauce Money.

Representatives at Def Jam wouldn?t reveal any information on the matter, however the matter will all unfurl 8 p.m. (est). AllHipHop.com will give continued coverage on the ?I Declare War??? PowerHouse with Jay-Z and Friends.

Lil’ Jon’s BME, 50 Cent’s G-Unit Strike Deal

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

Ending months of speculation, Atlanta producer/rapper/mogul Lil’ Jon announced that his BME Recordings has reached a deal with 50 Cent?s G-Unit to cross-promote BME and G-Unit artists.

?Me and 50 struck a deal to work together on selected BME and G-Unit artists,??? Lil? Jon confirmed with AllHipHop.com.

While the terms of the deal are still being worked out, Lil? Scrappy will be the first artist to be released under the newly formed union.

The new partnership puts an end to rumors about whether Scrappy was leaving BME to join G-Unit.

For months, industry insiders speculated on the status of Scrappy?s future with BME.

The rumors came to a head when 50 Cent announced that Scrappy was ?Coming to G-Unit??? in an October 15th interview with Tim Westwood on BBC’s Radio 1 Rap Show in London.

Lil? Scrappy, Bohagan and other BME artists also recently completed Anger Management North American tour with their label head, Lil? Jon.

The 42-date was comprised of G-Unit, BME and Shady/Aftermath artists.

Founded by Lil? Jon, the BME imprint is set to release new music from Lil? Scrappy, Trillville, E-40 and Bohagan in the new year

In related news, Lil? Jon is still unhappy with his label, TVT Records,

In a recent interview with Ozone Magazine, Lil? Jon trashed TVT and confirmed that he would never record for TVT again.

“I’ll never record another album for TVT again. I don’t f**k with [TVT Records owner] Steve Gottlieb,” Jon revealed to Ozone. “He don’t know how to pay people and take care of the people that helped take his label to another level. I’ve had record sales totaling probably like 10 million and I ain’t seen no money from the label. None at all. Zip, zero. Show money and production is how I’m getting paid.”

In related news, Lil? Jon is penning a script for and will star in a feature film titled ?What???? which he said would be in the vein of Ice Cube?s hugely popular ?Friday??? film series.

Turk Sentenced To 10 Years, $200,000 Fine

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

Former Hot Boy group member Tab ?Turk??? Virgil has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, after being convicted of three weapons charges stemming from a Jan. 2004 shootout with Memphis, Tennessee SWAT Team members.

In August, the 24-year-old was convicted of being a felon, a drug addict and a fugitive in possession of a handgun in relation to the shootout, which left a SWAT Team member seriously wounded.

The 10-year sentence is the maximum the judge could issue and Virgil must also pay a $200,000 fine.

The sentencing stems from a Jan. 2004 raid on an apartment in Memphis. When SWAT Team members entered the apartment seeking drugs and weapons, they were greeted with gunfire.

Virgil has maintained his innocence and denied being in a closet or firing a 9mm handgun that was found in the closet.

The rapper apologized to the officer that was shot, asking for forgiveness.

The apology brought more scrutiny from prosecutors, who believed the apology was an admission of guilty.

?What are you sorry about???? Prosecutor Terry Harris asked Virgil. ?Who shot him?”

Virgil maintained his innocence stating: “I don’t know. I didn’t shoot Officer Harris, and I wasn’t in the closet.”

Officers testified Virgil was not in the bathroom and others testified they saw the rapper crawling out of the closet.

The rapper was also chastised for allegedly recording rap music over Shelby County Jail telephones, with lyrics that include “shoot first, before they shoot you.”

Virgil said he could not recall recording the rap, but officials are now going through jail phone records to see if the rapper took advantage of phone privileges to record an album.

Virgil is still facing an attempted murder charge in Tennessee state court, but his attorney, Jay Bailey said the rapper is negotiating a guilty plea to avoid going to trial.