Bun B Speaks On Jay-Z?s ?War???

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

?What is Jay-Z going to do tonight????

The question appears to be the primary query on the minds of Hip-Hop fans as the Def Jam President and his ?Carter Administration??? will perform at the Continental Airlines Arena tonight (Oct. 27).

Last month, the rapper/mogul told Power 105?s Ed Lover, ?I gotta put [my adversaries] in the choke hold, the Boston crab. I gotta smash a couple of people. … Everybody better make up and be my friend.”

Still, the self-proclaimed ?god MC??? didn?t state whom he intended to annihilate under the show theme, ?I Declare War.???

Bun B. appeared on Jay-Z?s ?Big Pimpin???? and his own ?Get Throwed,??? from the Houston veteran?s album Trill. Bun said he?ll be at the venue with the stars, but won?t be fully involved, because of the nature of the show.

?I was planning on rocking with [Jay-Z], but I understand that there may be some circumstances of what he may do on stage. He may not want me to be included in what he?s got going on,??? Bun told AllHipHop.com. ?He?s about to go to war and I have a pretty good sense of the people he is going to call out. [They] are pretty good friends of mine.???

With a grin, Bun refused to divulge what may occur or who may be targeted at the 105.1 Powerhouse concert, but suggested that the rumors have some basis.

?I ain?t heard nothing,??? he said chuckling. ?I ain?t heard nothing more than what illseed is saying,??? Bun said of AllHipHop.com?s rumor columnist. ?That?s where I get all my info.???

Insiders have speculated that Jay-Z will ?declare war??? on 50 Cent and G-Unit and convene a whole group of artists that support the notion.

Hood hearsay has also suggested that this group will consist of rappers like Nas, Fat Joe, The Lox and others including Sauce Money.

Representatives at Def Jam wouldn?t reveal any information on the matter, however the matter will all unfurl 8 p.m. (est). AllHipHop.com will give continued coverage on the ?I Declare War??? PowerHouse with Jay-Z and Friends.

Lil’ Jon’s BME, 50 Cent’s G-Unit Strike Deal

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

Ending months of speculation, Atlanta producer/rapper/mogul Lil’ Jon announced that his BME Recordings has reached a deal with 50 Cent?s G-Unit to cross-promote BME and G-Unit artists.

?Me and 50 struck a deal to work together on selected BME and G-Unit artists,??? Lil? Jon confirmed with AllHipHop.com.

While the terms of the deal are still being worked out, Lil? Scrappy will be the first artist to be released under the newly formed union.

The new partnership puts an end to rumors about whether Scrappy was leaving BME to join G-Unit.

For months, industry insiders speculated on the status of Scrappy?s future with BME.

The rumors came to a head when 50 Cent announced that Scrappy was ?Coming to G-Unit??? in an October 15th interview with Tim Westwood on BBC’s Radio 1 Rap Show in London.

Lil? Scrappy, Bohagan and other BME artists also recently completed Anger Management North American tour with their label head, Lil? Jon.

The 42-date was comprised of G-Unit, BME and Shady/Aftermath artists.

Founded by Lil? Jon, the BME imprint is set to release new music from Lil? Scrappy, Trillville, E-40 and Bohagan in the new year

In related news, Lil? Jon is still unhappy with his label, TVT Records,

In a recent interview with Ozone Magazine, Lil? Jon trashed TVT and confirmed that he would never record for TVT again.

“I’ll never record another album for TVT again. I don’t f**k with [TVT Records owner] Steve Gottlieb,” Jon revealed to Ozone. “He don’t know how to pay people and take care of the people that helped take his label to another level. I’ve had record sales totaling probably like 10 million and I ain’t seen no money from the label. None at all. Zip, zero. Show money and production is how I’m getting paid.”

In related news, Lil? Jon is penning a script for and will star in a feature film titled ?What???? which he said would be in the vein of Ice Cube?s hugely popular ?Friday??? film series.

Turk Sentenced To 10 Years, $200,000 Fine

October 27th, 2005 | By Administrator

Former Hot Boy group member Tab ?Turk??? Virgil has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, after being convicted of three weapons charges stemming from a Jan. 2004 shootout with Memphis, Tennessee SWAT Team members.

In August, the 24-year-old was convicted of being a felon, a drug addict and a fugitive in possession of a handgun in relation to the shootout, which left a SWAT Team member seriously wounded.

The 10-year sentence is the maximum the judge could issue and Virgil must also pay a $200,000 fine.

The sentencing stems from a Jan. 2004 raid on an apartment in Memphis. When SWAT Team members entered the apartment seeking drugs and weapons, they were greeted with gunfire.

Virgil has maintained his innocence and denied being in a closet or firing a 9mm handgun that was found in the closet.

The rapper apologized to the officer that was shot, asking for forgiveness.

The apology brought more scrutiny from prosecutors, who believed the apology was an admission of guilty.

?What are you sorry about???? Prosecutor Terry Harris asked Virgil. ?Who shot him?”

Virgil maintained his innocence stating: “I don’t know. I didn’t shoot Officer Harris, and I wasn’t in the closet.”

Officers testified Virgil was not in the bathroom and others testified they saw the rapper crawling out of the closet.

The rapper was also chastised for allegedly recording rap music over Shelby County Jail telephones, with lyrics that include “shoot first, before they shoot you.”

Virgil said he could not recall recording the rap, but officials are now going through jail phone records to see if the rapper took advantage of phone privileges to record an album.

Virgil is still facing an attempted murder charge in Tennessee state court, but his attorney, Jay Bailey said the rapper is negotiating a guilty plea to avoid going to trial.

Court Orders Young Jeezy To Turn Over Bank Statements

October 26th, 2005 | By Administrator

Jay “Young Jeezy” Jenkins was ordered to turn over financial records of his earnings during a child support hearing on Tuesday (Oct. 25).

The Boyz N Da Hood former front man and Def Jam artist is having his earning scrutinized, as the mother of his 9 year-old son, Nicole Dykes, is stating that the rapper’s income has changed drastically since a 2001 child support ruling.

The original motion, which established the paternity of the child, set the child support for Jenkins to pay at $178.

Since that motion, the record label Jenkins? allegedly owns, Corporate Thugz Entertainment, has enjoyed success.

Jenkins was a member of BNDH when they released their self-titled debut on Bad Boy Entertainment, which landed near the top of the charts when it was released in June of 2005.

In July of 2005, Jenkins’ certified platinum debut, Let?s Get It: Thug Motivation 101 hit stores through a deal with the Island Def Jam Music Group, a unit of Universal Music Group.

In court depositions, Jenkins denied owing a mansion or a house, a car or jewelry, but Dykes? lawyers singled out his diamond incrusted “snowman” pendant, as well as the platinum success of his debut album and the success of BNDH?s self-titled debut album, which spawned the radio hit “Dem Boyz.”

Nicole Dykes is asking for more than $20,000 in expenses for clothing, transportation and housing to care for the child.

“The ultimate question is what is he making?” Superior Court Judge George Nunn asked on Tuesday (Oct. 25), during the proceedings.

The court concluded with the judge stating that if Jenkins can prove that he’s only living on a minimal income and driving an economy rental car, rulings would bear in his favor.

On the other hand, if he fails to disclose a full picture of his income, the judge warned that he will assess child support based on the rapper’s “lifestyle of a wealthy rock star.”

The judge ordered the rapper?s attorney to turn over his bank statements to Dykes? attorneys and told the lawyers to file subpoenas for other financial information from Corporate Thugs Entertainment by Friday (Oct. 28).

Diana Lynch, who is representing Jenkins in the case, is disputing the claim that he is the owner of Corporate Thugz Entertainment.

The follow up hearing to determine the amount of child support is scheduled for Nov. 29.

Paul Wall Gets Married In Houston

October 26th, 2005 | By Administrator


Paul Wall probably won?t be hooking up with females on the internet, as chronicled on his song ?Internet Goin?Nuts.?? The Houston bred rapper quietly got married in a low-key ceremony in his hometown over the past weekend, a representative for the rapper confirmed with AllHipHop.com. The identity of his bride was only disclosed as Crystal, ?his longtime girlfriend.??

In related news, Wall remixed his song “They Don’t Know” to pay homage to the Houston Astros, who made their first visit to the World Series. His former partner, Chamillionaire has also released a similar ode, ?Turn It Up (remix).

Wall released his debut album, The People?s Champ, earlier this year to critical acclaim.

Lil’ Troy Filing Lawsuit Against Veteran Rapper Scarface

October 24th, 2005 | By Administrator

Houston, Texas rapper Lil’ Troy is filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit against fellow Houston rapper, the legendary Brad ?Scarface??? Jordan.

Scarface and Lil? Troy have a well known history of animosity towards each other.

The issues appear to have started shortly after Lil? Troy caught a drug case and served prison time, as his debut Sittin? Fat Down South hit stores. The album was powered by the hit single ?Wanna Be a Baller??? and eventually sold over a million copies.

Allegations were soon flying from both sides that the other was working for the government as federal informants.

Their feud entered the court when Scarface sued Lil? Troy and his label Short Stop Records in 2002 for releasing songs that were produced by Troy, but featured tracks with Scarface?s vocals.

The songs in question were featured on Sittin Fat Down South and Scarface was eventually awarded $220,000 in damages.

In retaliation Lil’ Troy is in the process of filing a $2 million lawsuit against Scarface for defamation of character and slander.

“I never thought anything about suing them or anything,” Lil’ Troy told AllHipHop.com. “But when he actually sued me for a track I produced and never asked for a dime on, that was crazy. I mean for him to do that is adding insult to injury, especially after all me and my family have done for him.”

Lil? Troy has also released a-tell all DVD titled ?Paperwork.???

“[Scarface] wanted to sit up and make songs about me calling me a snitch,” Lil’ Troy continued. “But he ain’t got any documents to back it up. I went to jail and did my time, but he ain’t never seen a jail a day in his life. Now we see why and I am going to let the world know why.”

In addition to the “Paperwork” DVD, Lil’ Troy is also readying for his upcoming album Like Father Like Son.

“I am just keeping busy trying to make some money,” Troy said. “I have been out [of prison] now for ten months, now I am off of probation so I can really grind and promote like I want to.”

Though the beef seems intense, Lil’ Troy guarantees that there is no real problems between the former friends.

“I have no problem with [Scarface],” Lil’ Troy said, ” I don’t even know why all of a sudden I was a snitch and all this lawsuit stuff came about. I would love to sit down and ask him why. I am even willing to put it all to the side and work together again.”

“Paperwork” DVD is set to be released September 20th. Like Father Like Son is set for an October release.

Scarface could not be reached for comment as of press time.

Rapper Trick Daddy Hosting Halloween Party For Victims Of Hurricanes

October 18th, 2005 | By Administrator

Trick Daddy will give back to the Miami community this Halloween, as the superstar rapper is hosting the Trick Luv Da Kids Spooktacular Halloween Fundraiser later this month.

The event is part of a broader partnership the rapper?s non-profit struck with Single Parent Initiative and the Boys & Girls Clubs in Mississippi and New Orleans to provide support for families displaced by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

Trick Daddy?s non-profit, Trick Luv Da Kids Inc. is sponsoring the event. The organization also recently teamed with The Florida Entertainment Summit, a new music industry conference.

As a non-profit partner, The Florida Entertainment Summit will assist the rapper in raising funds to support initiatives created by the Trick?s Luv Da Kids, Inc.

The Florida Entertainment Summit is a one day conference that focuses on empowering independent businesspeople in the entertainment industry.

The summit will debut in South Florida on Oct. 29 at the University of Miami Conference Center in Downtown Miami.

A portion of each registration fee will be donated to the Trick Luv Da Kids event.

Trick Luv Da Kids Spooktackular Halloween Fundraiser takes place Oct. 29 at Solo, located at 10890 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach.

Donations of $100 include food and drinks all night, while general admission is $25. Trick?s organization will also provide prizes for Best Dressed Male Costume, Best Dressed Female Custom and Best Dressed Couple Custom.

T.I. Denies Being Boyz-N-Da Hood Member

October 17th, 2005 | By Administrator

Atlanta, Georgia rapper T.I. has issued a statement to AllHipHop.com, denying that he is a new member of Boyz N Da Hood (BNDH).

Last week, BNDH founder Blok confirmed that Young Jeezy had left the group and that New Orleans rapper Lil? Wayne was the newest member.

Representatives for Atlantic immediately dismissed T.I.?s inclusion in the group and now T.I. himself has denied being a member of the group.

Blok had also stated that the T.I. was an original member of the group, along with Trick Daddy and Sean Paul of the YoungBloodz, until the newer members replaced them.

?Contrary to rumors circulating around the Internet, I have not and will not be joining Boyz N Da Hood,??? T.I. stated. ?Although I am and have always been part of the movement, I am not a member of the group. This is just another case of ‘Urban Legend’.???

T.I., Young Jeezy and Lil? Wayne will embark on a tour of the United States in November.

Young Jeezy Exits Boyz N Da Hood, Lil? Wayne Joins, T.I. Denies

October 14th, 2005 | By Administrator

Lil? Wayne has signed on to become an official member of Boyz N Da Hood (BNHD) and Young Jeezy has exited the ranks, according to sources.

Lil Wayne, President of Cash Money Records will join the Atlanta-based super-group along with existing members Big Duke, Big Gee, Jody Breeze, a representative for Universal Record confirmed. Initially, T.I. was included in the group as well, but his representatives at Atlantic Records denied. ?That?s false. He?s not going to be in Boyz N Da Hood,??? a rep in the Atlantic publicity department said.

Blok, founder of Boyz N Da Hood and Blok Entertainment, also confirmed the news of Lil? Wayne?s inclusion, but countered stating that T.I. was in the group. Despite persistent rumors, Blok said there is no bad blood between Young Jeezy and the rest of the group.

?Jeezy only signed on for one album and that?s my whole campaign ? it?s not a replacement it?s a continuance. We?re not beefing. All of us are brothers. That?s very important, it?s a continuance. This is the way it was set out to be when it first started,??? Blok told AllHipHop.com. Blok also stated that the original roster of Boyz N Da Hood included T.I., Trick Daddy and Sean Paul of the YoungBloodz and the newer members replaced them. Young Jeezy has experienced solo success with his platinum-selling Def Jam release Let?s Get It: Thug Motivation.

Representatives at Def Jam for Jeezy were unaware of the Boyz N Da Hood personnel change, but Jeezy commented on his status with the group in a previous interview.

?I was a solo artist first. I’m definitely a boss. I always had a label. I always had a movement. The whole thing with Puff [Bad Boy Records], we sat down and worked it out. I already had my solo situation at Def Jam,??? he told AllHipHop.com. ?My album was set up to come out first, before I did the little situation [with Bad Boy]. But just me being a gangster and real about what I’m doing agreed to push my album back so I could get the Boyz N Da Hood project rolling. I just want the fans to know it ain?t me acting funny or nothing like that. It’s just that I got a solo album out, so just like how I went on a Boyz N Da Hood promo run, I gotta do mine. Everything I do with them, I gotta do for myself.???

While Jeezy was a member of BNHD, he was also signed to Def Jam as a solo artist and had to promote both the group album and the Def Jam opus at the same time. Jeezy frequently missed promotion and marketing tours with Boyz N Da Hood, but continued to push both projects. The BNDH self-titled album hit stores on June 21, while Thug Motivation 101 was released on July 26.

Ironically, T.I., Young Jeezy and Lil? Wayne will embark on a tour of the United States with in mid-November.

Page 985 of 989« First...102030...983984985986987...Last »